What is the International Federation for Produce Standards (IFPS)?
Previously known as The International Federation for Produce Coding (IFPC), the newly incorporated IFPS is a coalition of fruit and vegetable associations from around the globe that joined together in 2001 as equal partners to pursue the task of introducing a global standard for the use of international Price Look-Up (PLU) numbers. The group’s founding members include:
- Asociacion de Exportadores de Chile (Chile)
- Chilean Fresh Fruit Association (Chile)
- Canadian Produce Marketing Association (Canada)
- Fresh Produce Consortium (UK)
- Horticulture Australia Ltd. (Australia)
- Norges Frukt-og Gronnsaksgrossisters Forbund (Norway)
- Produce Marketing Association (US)
- United Fresh (NZ)
The group’s 2007-2008 operations/management consists of:
- Chairman: Dr. Hans Maurer, United Fresh, NZ
- Secretary-General: Ed Treacy, Produce Marketing Association, US
- Registered Office: Peterborough, UK
The long-term objective of the federation is to improve the supply chain efficiency of the fresh produce industry through developing, implementing and managing harmonized international standards.